Tuesday 7 April 2015

EASA week!

On the Monday of our study leave week we had to trek down to the American Embassy in London to get our new M1 VISAs for America. We decided a taxi would be cheaper for 6 of us and we had to be there at 7am! The actual interview was easy enough but it takes a long time to get through security and then wait for an appointment time. We all got through and got the train home as we needed ti study and couldn’t afford to have a day of fun in London (that will come in the IR phase after America I imagine!)

Sadly, after school finals, one of the EPST members on our course was told he couldn’t continue with us after re-sit results and had to return to Holland to discuss his training. I’m really going to miss him as he was my flight planning partner in class and we are all pretty close being such a small course. We’re down to 7 now!

On Tuesday, I had my Mass and Balance re-sit. I felt fairly confident with this one, I’m not even sure how I failed the School Final as I’d had no problems with any of the lessons and consider it one of the easier phase 2 modules….The re-sit went well and I passed with no problems which meant I had the rest of my study leave to smash Av exam and hope to pull up the marks for the rest of my subjects. I decided to go back to Sheffield to get some peace and quiet and really get on with studying.

EASAs:
  • Monday – Mass & Balance morning. Flight Planning – Afternoon
  • Tuesday – Performance morning. Ops – Afternoon
  • Wednesday – Air Law morning. Gen Nav. – Afternoon
  • Thursday – Radio Nav. Celebrating in afternoon as this was the last one!


We had a busy week. The actual exams were not as hard as the School Finals, thank goodness, though I couldn’t say for sure how any of them went. I was worried about Air Law and Ops in that the figures we learn for one are different than for the other so I was always worried about mixing those up. My performance exam I felt went horrifically and I’m not sure if I’d gotten the answer I was supposed to with the graph questions. Then you’ve got Gen Nav and Flight Planning which are 2 hours long and so, so tedious, though I didn’t find the questions particularly difficult. I was an idiot though and forgot my Jeppesen route manual before the Flight Planning exam, which is the one subject you really need it for! Luckily a friend in 366 was able to run me home to pick it up in the hour I had between the morning and afternoon session. On the plus side I felt pretty confident with Mass and Balance this time J

I passed every exam!! My average for ground school is 87% and I’m going to Pheonix!  I’m so relieved that part is over and we can actually get to flying!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment